COVID Protection Plan for the 2021/22 season
Click on one of the buttons below to read our current COVID Protection Plan.
Register now for the 2021/22 season
Registration is now open for the 2021/22 season.
Please visit our Join page for information on training dates, times and fees.
To register, click on the button at the top of the Join page and complete the registration form.
We look forward to seeing you next season!
We’re happy to announce that AGNA will be running an optional second training night for our members aged 13 or over. This will take place every other Wednesday between 19h00 and 20h30 at La Côte International School and will focus primarily on match play, with some fitness training. Please see the Join page for more information.
Adult netball is back for the 2021/22 season!
Our women’s team is back, under the new name of ‘Équipe d’Etoy’, and we’re keen to start playing.
Training will take place on Monday evenings at the Salle Polyvalente d’Etoy, from 20h30 – 22h00.
Visit the join/adult netball page for more information and to register your place.
NEW! Autumn netball camp
For the first time, AGNA will be running a netball camp during the October school holidays. The camp will be held in Etoy, using both the indoor and outdoor courts, and is open to girls aged between 8 – 18.
- Dates: 18-22 October 2021
- Location: Salle Polyvalente, Route de la Gare 15, 1163 Etoy
- Times and prices:
- CHF 45 per morning session (9h00 – 12h00)
- CHF 30 per afternoon session (14h00 – 16h00)
- CHF 90 per full day (9h00 – 16h00 including a supervised lunch break)
- Participants can choose which sessions to attend.
- Snacks are included in the price, but participants coming for the full day will need to bring a packed lunch.
- All ability levels are welcome.
To register, please click on the button below and complete the registration form. We look forward to seeing you there!
Assistant netball coach opportunities
Are you a parent who would like to be involved with the club? Are you a player and would like to expand your skills further? If yes, then why not be an assistant netball coach? We always welcome new additions to come and help with the club.
Assistant coaching duties include the following:
- Arriving at training on time and fully prepared for the session. This entails reading the session plan in advance, in order to know what to expect.
- Greeting players on arrival and guiding them to and from the gym hall.
- Helping to set up and put away equipment.
- Monitoring players throughout the session and encouraging use of correct netball technique.
- Taking directives from the Head Coach and assisting the Head Coach.
- Ensuring health and safety practises are followed.
- Promoting a caring, positive environment for everyone.
- Attending some tournaments and matchplay events.
The aim of the assistant coach role is to eventually be able to plan the training session and lead this for a small group of girls. It is extremely rewarding to help the girls build their confidence and to watch and help them develop their netball skills. If you are interested, please come along to one of our training sessions to find out more.
For more netball news and advice, why not take a look at the websites of netball’s national, regional and world governing bodies: www.swissnetball.ch , http://www.netballeurope.com , www.netball.sport .
As the 2020/21 season comes to an end, we look back on some of the highlights of the year. TERM 1: September to December 2020 The season got off to a great start. Although COVID restrictions meant there was no adult netball, our junior membership was as high as ever with many new players joiningContinue reading “2020/21 Season Review”
Below is a summarised version of an interview that took place live on Zoom. A huge thank you to Stephanie for talking to us, and to coach Marney for organising this. To start, could you talk us through your netball journey?I started playing netball when I was six and I’ve just turned 29. From aContinue reading “Sunshine Coast Lightning and Australian Diamonds player Stephanie Wood answers our questions”
It is with much sadness that we say goodbye to Elly, Stefan, Anna and Aimée, who move to the UK at the end of this month. The entire family has been at the heart of founding and developing AGNA from the very beginning. Elly is one of our founder committee members when the club startedContinue reading “A fond farewell to the Fischers”